[TriLUG] OT: password generation

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 11:39:39 EST 2005

Good idea. I've used a palm app called AcctMgr which stores account
info in an encrypted form.  I've also kept sensitive information in
gpg encrypted files (encrypted to myself with my public key so I need
my private key to get it).

The mozilla programs like Firefox and Thunderbird also allow the
passwords they store to be protected with a master password. Firefox
allows this to be a passphrase.  I'm not sure how secure the
encryption they use is however. I looked to see if there was an
extension which would allow gpg to be used for this, but I don't think
that there is one.

Are there any general purpos open source secure password archives
which would run on Linux?