[TriLUG] Sat. Installfest

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Tue Mar 1 05:49:41 EST 2005

Ian, I'd like to weigh in here.

I wasn't at the Installfest on Saturday.  I wish I could have been, but
(for those who aren't aware) job circumstances have relocated me to
Hunstville, Alabama.  It's a bit of a hike to Raleigh.

That said, I remember last year's Installfest at Wake Tech.  We had so
many people (and computers) there that we shut down a power circuit in the
room.  jtower personally accused me of sucking the life out of it with two
monitors and a dual-Xeon tower.

Comparing that with accounts of (maximum) 5 TriLUG members over the course
of a day, I think what was said below was fair, and not in any slight to
the NCSU folks.  I think it was said in perspective of past efforts, and
not to attach either group.

>From the accounts I've read on this thread, I think TriLUG can do better.
I wish I could help, but right now I'm not in a position to do so.

William