[TriLUG] Sat. Installfest

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:32:04 EST 2005

I believe William sees clearly what I was trying to say.  But that
aside, let me make one thing clear:

Ian, I do not speak on behalf of TriLUG, so you need to remove that
missconception now, and I am NOT a steering committee member of
TriLUG, so throwing your comments at the TriLUG organization for
having a "superiority complex" is way out of line.  TriLUG has no such
atitude.  You want to fuel the fire, you need to have a personal
discussion with me.  I spoke on behalf of myself as a member of this
community.  I also know I am not the only person who thought this way.

Ian, let me also quote myself "TriLUG has far greater reaching power
than LUG at NCSU (no offense NCSU folks, please take this with a grain of
salt)."  This was not said to take away from NCSULUG, though I can see
how it does and I apologize for that.  However, taken "with a grain of
salt" you will see my perspective and position regarding TriLUG and
this event, thus not an "attack" on NCSULUG (or "attack" on TriLUG for
that matter).  My point was clearly made and already addressed in this
thread.  If this does not bring you satisfaction, please let us
continue OFF list.

Thanks,
David McD