[TriLUG] named.conf

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sat Mar 5 11:18:55 EST 2005

Try this site:
http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch7/logging.html

Also, the configuration setting can be over-ridden by command line
switches. RedHat and Mandrake apply those switches via a file
  /etc/sysconfig/named
If that file has the logging specified via a switch, then you can change
your named.conf from now until the end of time and it will have no
effect (as long as you use the service commands to start/stop/restart
BIND)

Good Luck - Jon