[TriLUG] KSnapshot alternative?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Mon Mar 7 11:11:50 EST 2005

Sounds like you are pasting the new image onto the same layer as the old
image?  I'm not sure.  Presuming that the three panes are the same size,
what I would do is the following:
1. Take the three screen shots
2. Ascertain the vertical size of a screen shot
   a. select window
   b. CTRL+A  (selects all)
   c. CTRL+C  (copies selection)
   d. CTRL+N  (new canvas)
   e. note the vertical dimension in the dialog window created by step
2.d.
3. change the vertical dimension in 2.e. to 3 * the existing vertical size
4. set the canvas to be transparent
5. create the canvas
6. splice the image together:
   a. select the 3rd pane of your image, copy it, and paste it into your
new canvas
   b. Shift+Ctrl+O  (layer offset)
   c. set the vertical offset to be the negative of the size in 2.e. and
hit OK  (this will shift your pane up vertically)
   d. select the 1st pane of your image, copy it, and paste it into your
canvas
   e. repeat step 6.c., then go to step 6.f.
   f. select the 2nd pane of your image, copy it, and paste it into your
new canvas
   g. repeat step 6.c., then go to step 6.h.
   h. you should now have a single image with minimal (for some
definitions of minimal) fuss and bother.

If you need further assistance, let me know.  I'm going at this from
memory as I haven't got a copy of Gimp handy at the moment ($OS at $OFFICE
doesn't support Gimp)

William