[TriLUG] KSnapshot alternative?

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Mon Mar 7 11:16:25 EST 2005

Brian Henning wrote:

> Okay, so gimp wins..  but now I'm experiencing a new problem (read:
> I'm doing something wrong, but don't know what the right way is):  The
> window I'm capturing is a scroll pane, so I've had to grab three
> images of it to get all of its content.  No problem.  The problem
> comes when I try to hook the three images to each other.  I've
> expanded the canvas size on the first image ("top"), but when I try to
> paste the second image in ("middle"), it goes *behind* the transparent
> empty part of the first, enlarged image.  So when I drag it downward
> to match up the ends, it vanishes (as if I were dragging it off any of
> the other edges).  But it's not being treated as a layer; i.e. I can't
> Image->Stack->Layer to Top or anything like that.
>
> I'm sure my explanation is lacking, but it's hard for me to explain
> any more clearly..  Any ideas/suggestions?
>
> Thanks eversomuch more so,
> ~Brian

This is a really common problem in the GIMP, because it's not quite the
same as Photoshop.  If I recall, you need to increase the Layer Boundary
Size, which you should be able to do by right-clicking on the Layer in
the Layers window, and select "Layer Boundary Size".  Adjust that
accordingly with your canvas resize, and then you should be in good shape.

Aaron S. Joyner