[TriLUG] MySQL DBA

Gina gina at accstaffing.com
Mon Mar 7 17:46:10 EST 2005

Up to $45/hr

ACC Staffing has an exciting opportunity for a MySQL DBA with our N. Raleigh
client. This is a 6 month contract to hire position. Our client offers an
substantial benefits package and attractive salary once you convert to a
permanent employee, in addition to a flexible work environment.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
·  Responsible for management of databases used in rapidly changing
environment, to include installations, patching and upgrading of Oracle and
MySQL databases.
·  Identify and resolve performance issues related to SQL queries,
application, database engine, system operating system and hardware.
·  Provide support to development staff in the form of issue resolution
involving all aspects of the Oracle and MySQL environment.
·  Maintain and create UNIX scripts as required.
·  Employ utilities such as Import/Export, SQL Analysis, Replication and
Backup/Restore.
·  Environment requires 24x 7 support
·  Responsibilities includes disaster recovery and business continuity
planning for co-located data center facilities located in multiple states.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
·  We are seeking candidates with 2-5 years+ experience explicitedly in a
database administration role with MySQL.
·  SQL and unix scripting proficiency
·  Oracle knowledge desirable.
·  BS in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred, but not required

LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. SPONSORSHIP IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.

Gina D. Bennett, PHR
IT and Clinical Recruiter
ACC Staffing
312 W. Millbrook Road