[TriLUG] aliasing cvsroots

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Wed Mar 9 07:18:35 EST 2005

I appreciate your taking a stab at it, but module aliasing would only work
if the cvsroot was /cvs and foo/bar/baz were modules.  I already ran
across that one and rejected it :)

Unfortunately for me, foo/bar/baz are cvsroots, with modules beneath them.
What we want, as far as the user is concerned, is for the /cvs portion of
the path to disappear.

I know we could do it by the simple expedient of putting foo/bar/baz in
the / directory, but to me that's an ugly and disorganized solution.
Besides which, our CVSNT server is able to keep them in c:\cvs_repository
without "c:\cvs_repository" being part of the path, so it seems like this
ought to be doable.

William