[TriLUG] Job Description

Supple.Joe at epamail.epa.gov Supple.Joe at epamail.epa.gov
Fri Mar 11 09:09:22 EST 2005

I got a call from this recruiter.  They had a spot for an interview
today.

Recruiters email:  "Sikes, Ashley C." <asikes at teksystems.com>

_______________________________________
Joseph Supple
NNES - National Notes and Email Support
CSC ITS-EPA Team (IBM)
Supporting the Environmental Protection Agency
79 TW Alexander Drive, Bldg 4201
Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709
Telephone: 919-767-7278
Fax:            919-767-7093
Email:  Supple.Joe at epamail.epa.gov
----- Forwarded by Joe Supple/RTP/USEPA/US on 03/11/2005 09:06 AM -----
From: "Sikes, Ashley C." <asikes at teksystems.com>

Position: UNIX Administrator - Unix - Sun Number of Openings: 1
Job Description: This position would be responsible for the following: X
Running/Controlling the Ineo server farm o Validating
hardware, and being proactive about failing hardware to avoid data loss
and/or server loss o Keeping system, OS and security
patches on the servers up to date o Manage and run the lab and lab
configurations o Responsible for implementing new solutions
to more effectively utilize and fine-tune the servers and applications
in use today. o Manage existing applications, such as CVS,
Bugzilla, etc to ensure up to date operations and functionality, as well
as eliminating problems that may arise in those areas. X
Responsible for all system backups and restoration of data and/or
servers should a loss occur. On call for server support should
there be a problem during off hours. X Responsible for the Firewall and
VPN server management, including upgrades, updates,
security patches, and monitoring. X Manage the DNS/DDNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS
and other network-related services to ensure a
proper and flexible environment for growth and future needs, as well as
optimizing today!|s requirements. X Assist in setting
up/developing internal web pages and tools to increase efficiencies and
communications between team members and
departments. X Responsible for installation, testing and verification of
additional applications and programs needed for
development or QA processes. X Maintaining personal PCs and laptops o
Keeping security and other patches up to date o
Keeping virus software current X Managing the Windows Domain/Network and
PCs on that network o Allowing for proper PC
backup solutions Key Skills: X Demonstrated UNIX Administration
(Solaris, AIX, RedHat Linux, Debian Linux) X Demonstrated
Microsoft Domain Administration X Experience with the following: o DNS o
NIS o NFS o DHCP o Shell Scripting (ksh, sh, bash) o
Perl (Modules, coding, etc). o Backup Software, Strategies and
Methodologies o
Expected Duration of Assignment: 6 months Type of Position:
Right-To-Hire
"Must Haves"
NOTES: There are about 25 servers, but only 7 are "mission critical";
the others are development and QA lab servers. Most
(80-90%) are Solaris servers, but we do have some Debian, RedHat and one
AIX box. There is a Windows domain controller and
a SUS (software update services) server, but the rest of the Windows
environment is made up of the users' desktops. There is a
Samba server as well, tying the Windows PCs with the UNIX environment.
expected on call work, but if a server crashes in the middle of a crunch
time, someone (this person or I) would need to be
available. As a comparison point, nobody has been called in off hours to
date. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big
Brother monitoring would be a plus, but not a requirement. Also,
experience with ipchains or iptables firewall (listed in the doc)
would be a plus. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tape drive/vault
experience would be a plus, but this is not in place
today, so it is certainly not a requirement. Specific software is not
important. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ability to
work in a startup environment X Able to work efficiently with minimal
guidance or supervision. Soft Skills: X Self-starter who is
motivated and proposes projects to work on.
and
standard security monitoring tools o PPTP VPN Servers o ip chains and ip
tables firewall rules o HTTP (Apache, Tomcat, Axis) o
LDAP o Web Page development (HTML/JSP/CGI) o Veritas Volume Management o
Samba Server (Linux) X
be in the 60k range.

Regards,
AshleySikes
IT Recruiter
919-816-1537 direct
888-891-8403 toll free
919-816-1591 fax
1201 Edwards Mill Road
Suite 201
Raleigh, NC 27607
Please Visit Us at WWW.TEKSYSTEMS.COM

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from
disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any
dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including
any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify us immediately by reply email so that we may correct our internal
records. Please then delete the original message (including any
attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.