[TriLUG] Cross compiling pain

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 11 13:56:39 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 01:36:26PM -0500, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Right, because in order to cross compile you need a *full* cross
> compilation environment.  In addition to the i386 compiler, you
> also need an i386 linker and an i386 assembler.  Without those
> it will not work.  Oh, and besides that, you'll also need i386 libraries
> to link to.  It can be done and once it's setup it's fairly easy, but
> getting everything setup isn't a walk in the park.

Argh.  At that point, I think that I will cross-compile by taking my files
across the room to a i686 based machine, building them there, and then copying
them back.

Thanks for the help,
Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net