[TriLUG] Cross compiling pain

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:22:22 EST 2005

A good source of info on building a toolchain for cross compiling is
the O'Reilly book "Building Embedded Linux Systems."  It takes about
24 pp to describe the process. You need the right kernel headers fo
the target system. You then need to make the binary utilities (as, ld
being the two important ones), then you need to make a bootstrap C
compiler in order to build glibc, then you can make the full GCC with
CPP support.