[TriLUG] Local instant messenger app

Steve Kuekes steve at kuekes.homeip.net
Fri Mar 11 21:20:19 EST 2005

I'm looking for a local instant messenger app that I can run entirely
within my corporate network.  I've to ~20 internal users all running
Windoze that want to be able to IM each other.  It needs to have some
kind of easy buddy list type interface.

I've got a slow internet connection so I'd like to have something that
uses a server inside my firewall.  I have a linux mail/web/firewall
server that can run the server side.

I quickly looked at sourceforge, but didn't see anything that looked
like this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
--
Steve Kuekes