[TriLUG] Script to Generate Standard Scripts

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Thu Mar 17 15:32:49 EST 2005

Hey folks;

Several months ago, "Sys Admin" magazine had an article on a script that
would generate script templates. The thing about this which is so nice
is that it would ask a few questions (or you could enter command line
values), and after running, generate a really nice ksh script
"framework". Nice comments at the top, along with some variable or
header definitions. It would be a fantastic resource to use for
generating very consistent and well-commented scripts.

I'm trying to implement script standards, and this script would be
invaluable. But for the life of me, I can't find the darn article.

Do any of you out there remember the article I'm talking about, and can
you point me to which issue or where I might find it?

Barring that, if any of you use a tool like this to write consistent
scripts I'd be interested in hearing about that too.

Thanks;
JKB