[TriLUG] legal question

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Mar 23 11:17:11 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 10:04 am, Andrew Perrin wrote:

> In any case, one way of thinking about the OP's situation is that there's
> no reasonable way a current employer can control an employee's general
> knowledge base gained in the course of employment, so a response might be
> take the job, do what's right, and defend yourself if the employer is
> idiotic enough to try to enforce.

That might be prudent in some states, but not in Florida. Florida is a
right-to-work, pro-employer, tourist based company town where the laws are
written solely for the convenience of the employer. My understanding from a
guy who had to deal with an overly broad non-compete post-termination is that
whatever you sign, the courts will consider it valid here in Florida.