[TriLUG] What's the Fairest Distro of All?

hulett819 at mailcan.com hulett819 at mailcan.com
Fri Mar 25 10:51:49 EST 2005

Marc M writes:

> 5) Should I just shut up and subscribe to Linux Journal or Linux
> World? :-)
>
>>>great mags, LJ is over my head about 85% of the time.  :) Maybe
> you'll have better luck with it.  I need a Linux mag that EXPLAINS
> more on a user level since we are all not Linus Torvalds or running
> NASA.  Sometimes I think I could understand pure binary itself better
> than some of what is written in LJ. :)
>
> Peace,
>
> Marc

I've found that I really enjoy Linux Format.  It's easy to read, easy to
understand, and presents quality articles on interesting topics.  Its
disadvantages are that LF is UK-based, and their web site leaves a lot to be
desired.  The subscription rate is 90 pounds (a very stiff approx. $160) for
anywhere outside of Europe, but whenever I'm at the mall and waiting on the
wife, I hop over to Barnes & Noble and read it while I drink my coffee.  You
can find more information at http://www.linuxformat.co.ok

--Thomas