[TriLUG] iptables again...

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 1 10:56:26 EST 2005

Hi all,  any iptables experts out  there?

I want to poke a hole in a linux box to allow it to see and access other
computers and mount their drives\volumes and vice-vesra.

Essentially, from my RHWS and fedora boxes, I would like to beable to
access and mount drives\volumes of the following three computers through
iptables;

Apple = 192.123.0.1 drive\volume: fritters
Pear = 192.123.0.4 drive\volume: schnapps
kiwi = 192.123.0.8 drive\volume: pies

How do I do this?, what files do I need to edit? , and what are the proper
firewall rules I need to input to make this possible?

I looked around the forum here and on line and I think that this might
be an example:
****like, for example, if you wanna allow those IPs to connect to a web
server on your box:
code:
iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP -i eth1 -s 192.168.0.1 --dport 80 -m state
--state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP -i eth1 -s 192.168.0.2 --dport 80 -m state
--state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP -i eth1 -s 192.168.0.3 --dport 80 -m state
--state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p TCP -i eth1 -s 192.168.0.4 --dport 80 -m state
--state NEW -j ACCEPT
****

I think I'm on the right track but I'm not sure. Thxs.

I need to be able to do this first without relying on a gui like
firestarter, thxs.