[TriLUG] iptables again...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 3 16:46:20 EDT 2005

I've done this for folks before using NFS... and it's not pretty.

Basically you have to open up all upper ports for UDP (and probably TCP)
between the two unix boxen.

If you are the paranoid type, you can setup a VPN between the two boxes
first, and then setup the NFS to run across the private addresses used
by the VPN.

Here is an old help text I wrote for dong NFS, NIS, and automounting:
  http://www.trilug.org/~jonc/nfs/nfs_nis_automount.txt

It's helpful and I guarantee you will be able to get NFS working by
following the step-by-step instructions :-)

Jon Carnes