[TriLUG] OT: maps.google.com satellite maps

Brian McCullough bdmc-s at mcc.ab.ca
Wed Apr 6 12:53:16 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:14:06PM -0400, Mark Freeze wrote:
> When you zoom out of this link it is amazing to see the remoteness of
> this area.  The government sure picked a good spot for the base.
>
> What are the green circles to the north of the lake on the other side
> of the mountain?

Mark,

Unless I'm badly mistaken ( which, if I'm not mistaken, has happened
once in my life. ;-) ) those are irrigated fields.  They have a pivot
point in the middle of each circle, actually a big pipe, and a long
boom, the length of the radius of the circle, which has sprayers on it,
fed by the water provided from the pivot.

Brian