[TriLUG] TriLUG steering committee error in judgement

matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Thu Apr 7 15:41:40 EDT 2005

hey Jim Ray --

What's with all the bad blood?  Seriously?

I'm not trying to speak on behalf of the Steering Committee or anyone
other than myself.  With that in mind, I don't understand why you are
busy flaming this Linux list when you've obviously got bigger fish to
fry.  500 PC roll-out sounds like good money that could keep you busy
doing good work.

So why bring these sour grapes onto the list?

Your company logo stayed on the website *longer* than it should have
based upon an error of the webmaster.  Once that was corrected, you
asked the SC about it.  It was very clearly and very politely explained
to you that sponsors are only displayed for a year, yours went longer,
we're sorry for the confusion.  Then you gave us more negative feedback
about how "The Rules" are not being uniformly applied.  I think we all
agreed that it was a mistake and steps would be taken to not let it
happen in the future.

Then two months later you come forth with this public message about how
we're not doing our (VOLUNTEER) jobs very well?  AND you don't want to
do anything to help TriLUG in the future?  So what are you waiting for?
  The unsubscribe link is at the bottom.  Knock yourself out.

But honestly, I don't think we need anymore "prank humor" about Windows
PeeCees, "420" & other cool pseudo-drug references, or you telling our
other members that their contributions are SPAM.  This just puts you in
the category of "not helpful at all."

And as far as us "stealing your idea" from you, you've got to be
kidding, right?  This clearly shows just how little you understand the
Open Source mindset and community.  You don't think we had distro
round-tables before Jim Ray?  You don't think that any of us are bright
enough to come up with such an idea?  You don't stop for a second and
think that the SC has to plan meetings out months ahead of time and
that this project was already in the cooker for May 2005 before your
suggestion came along?

I don't want anymore of "your ideas" or "your help" if it is going to
come with such a negative, derogatory premium.  You are not welcome to
enter this forum spreading bad blood and ill will.  We don't have time
for such nonsense.  Thanks for nothing for making me take time out of
my day to re-explain this to you.

Since you cannot resist the urge to send an off-the-hip belligerent
response, then hit me up on private email as I'd like to spare the
membership anymore of your childish bellyaching.

dave m.

--
YHBT. YHL. HAND.
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll