[TriLUG] [Fwd: RTPnet 6th Annual Conference]

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Tue Apr 12 09:36:37 EDT 2005

Please see note below.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RTPnet 6th Annual Conference
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:57:53 -0400
From: Michael Rulison <re78vm at mindspring.com>

Dear Joseph,

RTPnet helps nonprofit organizations leverage Internet tools to promote
their organizations and achieve their goals. We provide web site
hosting, listservs and other services.

I hope that Tri-LUG can spread the word about our upcoming conference,
May 20 in Chapel  Hill, NC. Please come, if you can, and please pass
this information on to others you think might be interested in attending
the conference.

--- Mike Rulison, Tri-LUG member.

The conference Web site is at http://www.rtpnet.org/conf/

Deadline for early registration (with discount) is April 15.
We expect the conference to fill up this year, so please register early.

The contact person is Judy Hallman (hallman at rtpnet.org,
http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)
-------------------------------

News Release
For Immediate Release
March 29, 2005

Registration open for 6th Annual RTPnet Conference hosted in Chapel Hill
Nominations now accepted for the 2005 Community Technology Awards

CHAPEL HILL - Online registration is open for the 6th Annual RTPnet
Conference, a statewide nonprofit technology conference hosted by RTPnet
and Triangle United Way. The conference mission is to help nonprofits
use technology more effectively. This year's theme is "Bringing Together
Volunteers and Technology for Community Development."

More than 100 people are expected to attend the conference, which offers
a full day of breakout sessions along three tracks: Technology
Volunteer, Technology Infrastructure and Technology Innovation. Our
featured speakers represent IBM, Cisco and Network for Good, a national
nonprofit organization that connects individuals with their favorite
charities. Our partners include the Duke University Certificate in
Nonprofit Management and ncyt -- North Carolina's Network of Nonprofit
Professionals.

RTPnet is also accepting nominations for the 2005 Community Technology
Awards. The awards recognize individuals, organizations and businesses
that have made significant contributions to North Carolina communities
in the area of information and computer technology. The deadline for
submitting nominations is Friday, April 29.

What:  6th Annual RTPnet Conference and Community Technology Awards
When:  Friday, May 20, 2005 from 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
        Photo opportunity: Community Technology Awards from 1 - 2 p.m.
Where: William and Ida Friday Center, 100 Friday Center Dr., Chapel Hill
Who:   Damita Chambers, RTPnet, 919-463-1362, chambers at rtpnet.org

**Visit www.rtpnet.org/conf to register for the RTPnet Conference and
submit nominations for the Community Technology Awards.

About RTPnet

RTPnet is a volunteer-driven, 501 (c)(3) nonprofit corporation dedicated
to helping North Carolina nonprofit organizations leverage Internet
tools to promote and support their missions. RTPnet offers annual
fee-based memberships to North Carolina nonprofits and community
technology centers in the Southeast. Member benefits include Internet
services and discounts to RTPnet-sponsored events.

RTPnet has hosted the RTPnet Conference for five straight years around
the theme of "Bridging North Carolina's Human/Digital Divide." Last
year, RTPnet presented eight honorees with the first Community
Technology Awards at the RTPnet Conference.

To learn more about RTPnet, visit us at www.rtpnet.org.

Michael Rulison  |   919/782-9576
3256 Lewis Farm Road
Raleigh  NC  27607-6723
re78vm at mindspring.com
{N.B. I have recently started a 'white mail' list to
exclude spam. If your name is not on my white list,
please ask and I will add it.}