[TriLUG] Looking for best deal on domain name server plus dynamic dns

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 12:56:12 EDT 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 11:38 AM, Thomas <thomasvt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Check out http://www.public-dns.org for free DNS service.

But as far as I can tell, it only supports static ip addresses.

I've gone with godaddy to register, and zoneedit for dns.  If I decide
I need a backup mx, it looks like I can get it from zoneedit for
$10.95 /year/domain, and I think that by using the free mail
forwarding, I can get along with just one backup since I'll probably
forward the other domain, and my existing .homeip.net domain on
dyndns, to one of my new .com domains.