[TriLUG] php editor for windows

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Mon Apr 25 11:48:35 EDT 2005

As far as I know, this is called "use an editor and your browser."  Even
if a PHP-capable WYSIWYG editor existed, it would (seems to me) be an
incredible headache to make sure the PHP environment in the WYSIWYG
renderer matched exactly with the environment on the server...next to
impossible when you consider the potential use of external scripts,
environment variables, data sources, etc...

Edit the code server-side with the text-editor of choice [insert
appropriate CVS/backup strategy here], and surf to it with the browser
of choice.

~Brian, who has always been wary of WYSIWYG editors...