[TriLUG] Re: php editor for windows

Maria Winslow maria.winslow at windows-linux.com
Mon Apr 25 13:36:03 EDT 2005

> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:01:01 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Chris Bullock <cgbullock at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [TriLUG] php editor for windows
> To: trilug trilug <trilug at trilug.org>
>
> Looking for a app to edit html on a page that contains php on windows.
> Mozilla, Nvu, nor openoffice will work, if I use these it breaks my php.
> Thanks,
> Chris

Here are four solid choices, all of which handle PHP, among other languages:

Quanta+ (sourceforge.net/projects/quanta/): free, open source web development
tool

QuantaGold (thekompany.com/products/quanta): commercial web dev tool,
inexpensive

Komodo (activestate.com/komodo): commerical web dev tool, I saw this demoed at
LinuxWorld and it's very nice

Bluefish (bluefish.openoffice.nl): free, open source web dev tool

--
Maria Winslow
Open Source Business Analyst
maria.winslow at windows-linux.com

Author, "The Practical Manager's Guide to Open Source",
http://lulu.com/practicalGuide
Contributing Editor, LinuxWorld Magazine
Practical Open Source http://winslow.linuxworld.com