[TriLUG] PHP

Jim Wright wrightjim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:46:33 EDT 2005

Cate,
If you are looking simply for market opportunities, then .net is
probably the winner ...at the moment.  Doing a quick search in the
Raleigh area on Monster:
php-16 hits
vb.net - 26 hits
.net - 59 hits
That said, PHP is a powerful, popular scripting language that isn't
going anywhere...but it will be a while till corporations are asking
for projects in anything other than .NET or J2EE("java" gets 142 hits
in the Raleigh area).  I think you will see a lot of small to medium
size companies taking advantage of technologies like PHP in the near
future.  One big advantage to PHP is the wealth of open source
applications that are available (especially content management
systems...my current favorite is drupal).
-jim