[TriLUG] E-Mail Virus Scanners

Sam Folk-Williams sam.folkwilliams at gmail.com
Tue May 17 18:42:44 EDT 2005

Hi,

I just set up a system with posftix+amavisd-new+clamAV+razor+spamassassin --
it was amazingly simple to install (reading a good tutorial posted here:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/mailfilter-guide.xml -- the tutorial was
written for Gentoo, but it would work for any distro). The tutorial also
covers more filters in addition to those I listed.

If you are using sendmail you should switch to postfix. It's more secure and
very easy to learn and configure. There's just two conf files for the basic
setup, and you really only have to change a few lines to get a working
system.

Another really interesting solution is this one: http://www.dbmail.org/