[TriLUG] [Slightly OT] Wi-Fi Consultant?

Jason Purdy jason at journalistic.com
Wed May 25 15:57:06 EDT 2005

*grin*  Well, I never said I was network saavy, myself.

If by "netblock", you mean subnet mask, yeah, they were different.  The
cable modem went directly into the wireless router.  So the WAN
ip/subnet mask was different than the LAN.

Greg Brown chimed in first (thanks for all the help!), so we'll see what
he says.  I'm fine if he determines it is something stupid on my part. ;)

Side story: I've been out to his house trying to get this to work like 5
or 6 times.  About two weeks ago, I thought maybe it was cordless phone
interference.  So I asked him if he had cordless phones.  Turns out he
has SIX!  So he went out & bought new 5.8GHz phones and he says that
helped for a bit, but now the problem (whatever it is) is back.

Thanks!

- Jason