[TriLUG] Re: DNS Issues

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Thu May 26 11:55:38 EDT 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 11:30:59AM -0400, Jeffrey A. Groves wrote:
> Brian:
>
> If sendmail can't find oifis2.bdmcc-us.com in DNS, then it aint gonna accept
> the mail.
>
> You can try adding this to /etc/mail/access:
>
> oifis2.bdmcc-us.com             OK

As Tanner recognized, this is my own domain, and the messages are
out-going.  Since they are being generated by Fetchmail, and since it
insists on using the FQDN of the host of Fetchmail, it did a
"quick-and-dirty" and hard-coded the appropriate routine with the domain
name, and will work on a better fix now that Fetchmail bounces are being
delivered.

> Thanks,
>
> Jeff G.

Thank you,