[TriLUG] Wireless stuff

Shane O'Donnell shaneodonnell at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:20:57 EDT 2005

Cheap Linksys, yes.  The infamous WRT54G(s) will serve you well in this case.

If you like the look and feel of your Linksys and just want the
ability to boost the power (or perhaps select a non-FCC sanctioned
Europe-only channel to practically ensure that you won't have
conflicts with neighbors...), look into HyperWRT.

OpenWRT provides this functionality as well, but not as simply.

Shane O.

On 5/26/05, Jason Faulkner <jasonlf at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         -boosted the power on my router
> >

> Is there any way to do that with a cheap router?
>

> --
> Jason Faulkner

Shane O.
========