[TriLUG] Financial Tracking Software

Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov Mack.Joseph at epamail.epa.gov
Tue May 31 14:59:53 EDT 2005

Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007 Federal
Infrastructure Contact-Ravi Nair 919-541-5467 - nair.ravi at epa.gov,
Federal Visualization  Contact - Joe Retzer, Ph.D. 919-541-4190 -
retzer.joseph at epa.gov

trilug-bounces at trilug.org wrote on 05/31/2005 11:16:02 AM:

> It was merely an after-thought request to Joe to see if it may be
> possible for him to have his posts to the list not include
> the pre-sig.
>
> Joe, if you took this request in a negative light,
> I apologize. It was not intended as such.

I didn't realise it was aimed at me :) I delete
all the messages where people sound off at each other.

The position, contents and format of the .sig
are dictated by govt policy. Carrying the most
important information in the e-mail, the .sig
comes first.

I'm sorry there's nothing I can do about it.
My e-mail address should have given you a hint.

The change of .sig format occurred about 3 months ago
when we were moved off our primitive unix machines
and mail clients onto modern Linux boxes with WINE,
runnning everything a developer needs - Lotus Notes,
MSWord, Excel, Power point, IE. As you can imagine
this has boosted productivity by allowing us to
communicate more effectively with our administrators.
For instance my saved mail files now all have DOS
carriage control and none of the mail headers which
used to clutter up my old saved mail files. I can
send e-mail with blinking text instead of plain text
if I want. The X-window mouse swiping cut-and-paste
nastiness has been disabled and instead we have dozens
of pull down menues to guide us through each step of
the way.

Joe