[TriLUG] FC3 install boot floppies?

Scott G. Hall ScottGHall at BellSouth.Net
Tue Jun 7 11:33:35 EDT 2005

Jim Thompson wrote:
> Assuming the box has a CD-rom drive: I have an old laptop with the
> same issue - it has a CD-ROM but the BIOS is old enough that it
> doesn't support booting from it. I've had really good results from
> "Smart Boot Manager":
>
> http://btmgr.webframe.org/index.php3?body=download.html
>
> You can create a boot floppy with Smart Boot Manager, boot off it it
> and it will then pass control directly to your bootable CD-ROM. Works
> great.

Let's have a couple of those available at the installfest!!  At the last
installfest I saw at least 3 people who needed it (my cousin was one of
them with his older Compaq).  And it appears to be generic enough to
work with any of the distributions.

--
Scott G. Hall
Raleigh, NC, USA