[TriLUG] Moving to the area this weekend

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 00:14:26 EDT 2005

On 6/8/05, Gregory Woodbury <ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us> wrote:

> In Durham, Verizon DSL is available, and is much better than TWC's
> offering.  Vz doesn't have any secret caps on usage and has a very good
> Usenet service.
>
> In BSouth area, avoid them.

As another Durhamite, my perspective is to stay as far away
as possible from Verizon DSL.  All I've ever seen with it is
horrible, horrible, horrible speeds, service, etc...  The lines
in Durham, if you live in the 'burbs are generally way too far
from the CO to get *any* kind of speed.

On the other hand, RoadRunner recently upped their standard
speed to 3 mbps and either 5 or 6 mbps is available (for an
extra fee, of course) and works *very* well.

Welcome to the area, btw!  Too bad you won't be here for the
meeting tomorrow night.

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace

--