[TriLUG] Return of BZFlag

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:54:11 EDT 2005

On 6/7/05, Ben Pitzer <bpitzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, how about finding out if the SC has (wisely) turned off ICMP
> echo on the server?
>
> -Ben

I've gone back and forth on this having done it one way or the
other for several years now and I'm not actually convinced
it buys you that much more security.  Yes, I know you can
tunnel a shell through ICMP, but by turning it off you lose
what can be a valuable debugging too.  So, I guess it
just boils down to what you're willing to trade off.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace