[TriLUG] Jabber Chat rooms enabled, transports back up, imcom on dargo

Joel Ebel jbebel at ncsu.edu
Sun Jun 12 03:50:18 EDT 2005

The jabber server is back up with all of its previous services (aside
from everyone's rosters being lost).  This includes the jabber user
directory, Multi-user chat, and transports for aim, icq, msn, and yahoo.
  I've also install imcom on dargo for those of you interested in trying
out a console jabber client you can run in a screen session.

Some notes about chat rooms.  I've created three persistent chat rooms
to mirror the three that I frequent, trilug, sys, and steering.
Steering is by invitation only, but the others two are open.  Please try
them out.  Let me know if there are ways they can be improved.

I'll let you all decide what features next to add.  Here are some options:

IRC transport (I suspect this will be popular)
File transfer proxy (so those behind firewalls can transfer files.)
News feeds
HTTP Binding and a web based jabber client.
Something else?

Enjoy and let me know how I can be of service,
Joel