[TriLUG] Mutt???

Aaron S. Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Fri Jun 17 10:23:56 EDT 2005

Hugh Crissman wrote:

>I use mutt to connect to an IMAP server. In general it is great. Is their a way to select a group of
>messages, say in your "INBOX", and move them to a subfolder on the IMAP server? I google this and went
>through all of the man pages and could not find anything about moving messages?

It is possible to "tag" message in mutt to accomplish exactly what you
want.  If I remember correctly, you use t to tag a message, T to tag
based on certain properties of like messages (such as a regex or simple
pattern match against sender or subject), and then semi-colon to specify
that the next keypress-action is to take effect against all "tagged"
messages.  See the mutt documentation for further details on tagging, a
very powerful feature.

Aaron S. Joyner