[TriLUG] Moving user accounts

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Sun Jun 19 21:14:06 EDT 2005

Reason for moving from FC 2 is that release is no longer officially
supported (I know about legacy project has support, I don't count that. I
mean supported by the Fedora proj directly). I'm not going with Fedora core
as my next OS because 1. I'd like an OS that will have a longer support
cycle, and is a little less cutting edge. 2. Cent is a distro that is a
direct recompile of Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and I'm familiar with the RH
way of doing business. The Cent folks have a pretty good track record of
getting updates out very quickly.

Also, I'm using Cent @ work, so it gives me another test bed to learn new
things and try stuff without messing up the production boxes. I like Kubuntu
(KDE version of Ubuntu) for my desktop, but for a server I tend to lean
towards the familiar Red Hat distros.

Anyway, no rhyme or reason, just familiarity of Cent/ RHEL

DS