[TriLUG] Plone compatible ISP's?

Sam Folk-Williams sam.folkwilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:49:18 EDT 2005

I'm pretty sure plone requires root access to set up, and I've never
seen it on any ISP...

Is there a reason it needs to be local? One thing you might want to
check out is a virtual hosting provider. They give you a virtual
machine, which acts like a dedicated box, at shared hosting prices.
Then you could instlal whatever you want...

On 6/23/05, Myrhillion <lug at blackwizard.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone on this list knows of a local ISP/Hosting
> provider that supports
> using Plone (Zope) on any of their "normal" hosting products (i.e.
> non-dedicated)?
>
> Plone seems to be the perfect solution for a "board of directors"
> website for a non-profit I work with sometimes.

Sam Folk-Williams
Linux+
http://predisposition.com/stuff