[TriLUG] [Fwd: [TAA-NC Discussion] [OT}: help with Squid]

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 24 08:56:55 EDT 2005

Dan,

You can tell squid *not* to proxy for certain websites.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-4.html#ss4.19

   use the always_direct access list.

   For example, if you want Squid to connect directly
   to hotmail.com servers, you can use these lines in
   your config file:

      acl hotmail dstdomain .hotmail.com
      always_direct allow hotmail

This may also be helpful:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.16

  ``Hot Mail'' is proxy-unfriendly and requires all requests
   to come from the same IP address. You can fix this by adding
   to your squid.conf:

       hierarchy_stoplist hotmail.com

Good Luck!

Jon Carnes