[TriLUG] Cary Swapfest, July 16th

ALFRED JOHNSON alfjon at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 24 22:05:37 EDT 2005

Rob, I suppose you're the person who is going to take over Tanner's
role pertaining to hamfests. I spoke with Tanner at our last Tri-lug
meeting and he told me that there was another ham on the club's
steering committee who was going to take over his role.  Anyway, if
Trilug
  is going to attend the Cary Swapfest this year, then you need to be
aware that I will pay for Tri-lug to have at least one space to do
anything
you like.  You can probably can obtain more than that, depending
whether you want more than that.  I am the Swapfest Czar for the Cary
Amateur Radio Club and my call is KQ4FP and my telephone number is in
the Raleigh phonebook.  We are not reserving spaces this year for
anyone, except for three large vendors.  This means that you need to
arrive early in the morning in order to be assured of receiving a
parking space.  We are not going to supply any tables or chairs
because since the area is not closed in, we could not prevent people
stealing tables and chairs. Because it is located in the first floor
of the Parking garage power cannot be provided.  This means that we
cannot provide electrical power.  So I would you to burn the distros
you want to hand out at home and bring them to the swapfest.  We can
charge for the distros if you so desire.  So if you have any more
questions you can get my email address from Tanner or you can
telephone me at home.
historical reference to the earliest hamfests the Cary Club had.  The
club used to have a free hamfest but no money exchanged hands. Hams
used to bring their junk and SWAP it with other hams. --- 73, Alf KQ4FP.
On Jun 24, 2005, at 1:23 PM, Rob Rousseau KI4BKE wrote:h