[TriLUG] Mail server questions

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Sun Jun 26 21:43:08 EDT 2005

Lisa,

Cannit is a sendmail milter, so it will return the results to sendmail
and then sendmail should hand things to procmail as the local delivery
agent.  I use mimedefang the open source version of cannit.  I highly
recommend keeping it, although sendmail doesn't bother me :)  And
contary to popular belief I don't believe it's nearly a insecure as it
used to be.  Also sendmail 8.13 has some really nice spam reducing
capabilites, such as greet pause.

Matt Pusateri