[TriLUG] [OT] looking for: free XP ssh software w/proxy support and sftp

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Mon Jun 27 11:25:22 EDT 2005

Greg Brown wrote:
> TSIA... In order to transfer files I need to get through my network
> ssh proxy.  All the XP clients I have found do not seem to have proxy
> support.  Do you know of one that does?

I don't think you looked very hard.  Putty supports proxies, as do all
the ones I've ever used.  Unless you're talking about the ssh client
being proxied, rather than acting as a proxy.

Another client I use is:
http://www.bitvise.com/tunnelier.html

Not opensource (hence the OT), but it makes it real easy to re-establish
my dropped proxy connections (toolbar icon).  It is free though.

Mike