[TriLUG] OT: Bridge/Advanced routing

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 1 20:00:01 EDT 2005

I don't know exactly what you want but I set these types of scenarios
all the time.  I generally run two different private networks off of the
E0 and E1 interfaces respectfully. At that point it's trivial to set up
routing between the two networks.

I would setup two default routes on the 2621: one that goes out the T1
interface and a second failover that points to the cable modem. If your
T1 goes down, then your traffic goes out the cable modem.  Of course
this only helps with your NAT-ted traffic and won't help with your
hosted services (though you could easily setup a secondary Mail address
that comes in via the cable modem).

I know some folks that actually bridge on these Cisco's and I've seen
some interesting setups for that - though in most cases routing should
work just fine.

good Luck - Jon Carnes
(BTW, OpenBSD would bridge these networks just fine... :-)