[TriLUG] Laptops: Compaq and Sempron

Jim Wright wrightjim at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 13:01:10 EDT 2005

This is a good site for finding out laptop installation/compatability details...
http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/

I like thinkpads a lot, but when buying my latest laptop, I couldn't
even touch the deal I got on a 600m from Dell, even with the EPP.
According to what I have read, the 600m should be reasonably
compatible, however I haven't gotten to installing yet, so no personal
experience.  If you google on "dell coupons", you will find sites that
list the latest Dell deals/coupon codes.  I was able to use a $600
coupon on this purchase.  And it had free shipping.