[TriLUG] Laptops: Compaq and Sempron

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Tue Jul 5 13:14:46 EDT 2005

Jason Tower wrote:
> any laptop you buy from office depot or best buy will likely be crap,
> and not work well with linux.  your best bet is to get an ibm EPP code
> from someone in the lug (join the #trilug irc channel, we'll hook you
> up) and get a thinkpad.

You might also try the IBM used/refurbished stuff:
   http://www-132.ibm.com/content/search/refurbished.html

I bought my current Thinkpad used (off-lease, most likely) when it
was ~1 year old and I've been just as happy with it as I was my
previous Thinkpad, which was purchased new.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software