[TriLUG] Directory structures.

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 12:40:23 EDT 2005

> Now for the problem.  The users have been allowed to manage security and
> creation of other folders in this structure themselves.
> So, chaos has reigned...

Since you removed the OS distinction from your query's potential
answer, I'll attempt to present a solution within those constraints.

I had a similar situation at a nonprofit at which I volunteer when I
was managing some infrastructure boxen.  Ultimately, removed any
users' permissions from the folders and set them all to be owned by an
ldap admin user.  Then I used a very lightweight LDAP server to keep
things normalized.  This was in the days before active directory, etc,
and I realize it has the potential to involve additional work, but it
did keep me from being paged.

MPF