[TriLUG] LVM conversion cont'd?

Hugh Crissman hcrissman at secure-mind.net
Wed Jul 20 12:25:26 EDT 2005

OK, after a couple of days I have to admit that LVM conversion is not
going really well. I am not giving up but I am close. At this point I am
reconsidering adding / to LVM. It is turning into quite a headache.
Maybe /usr,/home,/var will be good enough.The major snag I am running
into
is getting the initrd script to load the lvm modules so that I can
mount root and load the OS. Any ideas? After I change grub to look to
the initrd that I created w/ "lvmcreate_initrd", grub loads and then
nothing. No errors no nothing. It clearly is not loading the LVM
modules. I am using Ubuntu 2.6.10-5-k7 kernel. I am almost certain LVM is
compiled in, although I must admit, I have not explicitly checked. Any
help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

H. Crissman