[TriLUG] AMD and reliability

Dean Price deano at price4.org
Mon Aug 1 17:33:51 EDT 2005

The only bad experiences I have had with AMD were directly related to
mobo's.

I currently run SuSE 9.3 64bit on MSI Via Chip based mobo with AMD 3200+
64bit processor
I "tried" out several 64bit OS's on this box (Fedora Core 64bit, Ubuntu
64bit, Gentoo 64bit, Debian Woody 64bit, etc...)
All of which were stable but not quite what I had in mind for a desktop
machine. SuSE is where I landed.

That being said, that was my first AMD based machine in a long line of
Intel based machines.

Thanks,
Dean Price
deano at price4.org