[TriLUG] OT: referal and introduction fees

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 08:00:43 EDT 2005

I would think a small "appreciation" fee would be in order.  I would
do it like this:

1. person A introduces you to person B for whom you do work totalling $3000.00
2. You pay person A the full referral rate of $1000.00
3. Person B now introduces you to Person C for a $3000.00 job
4. You pay person B the $1000.00 and I would think that person A would
get $100.00?

For some reason $50.00 seems too small.  Now, if Person C introduces
you to Person D I think that "A" could be cut out at this point and
the $100.00 would go to Person B and the $1000.00 would go to person
"C".

This could get somewhat complicated.  Person "A" should be happy as a
clam.  He or she got $1000.00 for work you do for a 3rd party.  Maybe
that should be good enough.  It also depends on how much each job
pays, I suppose.  Extra degrees of seperation for lower paying,
short-term jobs may equate to not enough money to really worry about.

Greg