[TriLUG] DHCP,PXE AND TFTP

unctux unctux at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 5 10:20:09 EDT 2005

First time trying to set this up. I am trying to set up a PXE server with
SUSE 9.3.
I am able to tftp from each machine to each other and the client is able to
recieve the ip address from the DHCP server. I am also able to view each
machine thru samba. This is only a two machine set up, (client and server)
just for testing purposes only.

When i boot just to network only it will not find the dhcp server at all and
after some time it just times out with this error:
PXE-E55:ProxyDHCP service did not reply to request on port 4011.

I have edited the dhcpd.conf to reflect the pxe-server ip and the file
'pxelinux.0

So any help would be appreciated.
MICHAEL MASSEY
BIOS TEST DEPT
IBM/LENOVO

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.