[TriLUG] [Fwd: Job Posting]

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Mon Aug 22 12:07:10 EDT 2005

See below

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[Steering] Job Posting
Date: 	Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:21:39 -0400
From: 	Melinda Lane <LANEMES at kellyservices.com>
To: 	steering at trilug.org

Hi, my name is Melinda Lane and I am a recruiter for Kelly IT Resources in
Morrisville.  Kelly is the on-site managed vendor with Duke University.  I
have a position with Duke right now that I need a Unix/Linux administrator.
Is there a way I can post it to your site?  I have enclosed the description
for you to review.  Please let me know what I need to do to get this out
there.  Thanks for your help.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

We are looking for a Unix Admin for a contract position with a great client
in Durham. This could lead to a full time position.

Job Description:*

Provide advanced systems level administration and design consultation
for key infrastructure systems within the School of Engineering.

Work Performed:

* Oversee architecture selection, deployment, and support of
infrastructure systems hosting school services such as email,
network services, web services, file storage, etc.
* Provide system support and architecture/deployment consultation
for new research computing systems being installed by
computational research groups.
* Oversee management of network software installations including
packages with network licensing systems.
* Oversee operation and expansion of network monitoring and console
access systems for centralized management of systems
including servers, environmental monitors, power distribution, and
physical security systems.
* Handle Tier 2 infrastructure and backend support issues requiring
advanced troubleshooting and technical investigation related to
backend infrastructure systems and coordinate forwarding of Tier 3
problems to the appropriate vendors.
* Coordinate with desktop support personnel on desktop issues
possibly caused by backend problems.
* Provide planning consultation to Director of IT for purposes of
long term infrastructure planning during budget planning and
infrastructure architecture.
* Participate in definition and documentation of usage policies for
backend systems infrastructure and data center.
* Coordinate with appropriate OIT groups such as NetCom, Site
License, and Linux package management.
* Participate in appropriate Duke forums and committees related to
backend systems support and non Windows/OS X desktop systems such
as Linux, etc.

*Education/Training:*

BA or BS (Computer Science or related field preferred) or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.

*Experience:*

Experience & Technical Skills:

* At least 5 years experience with Linux/Unix systems administration
on systems used to provide critical infrastructure services and
computational research services.
* 5+ years of IT infrastructure/server support
* Linux experience a must (RedHat, Suse, etc)
* Experience in maintaining infrastructure systems such as email,
web hosting, databases, DNS, backups, etc
* Experience with supporting Beowulf computational clusters and
research computing software/compilers a plus
* Experience with system security, firewall setup and basic
intrusion forensics
* Experience with enterprise storage systems. RAID experience
required, SAN experience a plus.
* Knowledge of PHP, Perl, and/or Python scripting
* Knowledge of large scale systems/server architecture and
provisioning for system design a plus
* Knowledge of system monitoring and control such as SNMP, Nagios, etc.

Thanks,
Melinda Lane
Sr. IT Recruiter
Kelly IT Resources
Phone:  (919) 460-3120
1-800-775-4559
Fax:  (919) 460-3139
mailto:  lanemes at kellyservices.com
website:  www.kellyit.com

Fun Facts (US only):

Kelly puts a new employee to work every 30 seconds
Every three minutes, a Kelly employee is hired permanently by a Kelly
customer
Kelly employees work over 3 million hours per week
Each week, Kelly employees work with more than 15,000 companies
45,000 Kelly employees work for Fortune 500 companies every week
250,000 students are taught each week by a Kelly Educational Staffing
employee