[TriLUG] Are Certifications worth it?

uzoma nwosu uzoma.nwosu at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 16:39:52 EDT 2005

I think Mark got where I was going with this.  I know that certs can't
hurt you.  But will they really make a difference come hiring time?  I
know the answer for me will be yes but, for issues that I won't even
begin to entertain on this list.  How many of you are working and have
no certifications?  How many of you would even entertain hiring
someone with an LPI over someone with a RHCT?  Where would the CCNA
fit in?  Would it even matter?

I guess I am trying to figure out where I sit in this world.  It's
hard trying to see which direction  one should take and how.  And
entry-level, work your way up the ladder, positions just don't grow on
trees anymore.   What you've all posted is very informative.  I just
need to sit back and chew on it for a moment...

Thanks,

uzoma